The first step is often the most daunting when it comes to building your garden building. With so many regulations you need to comply with for permitted development our professional team of surveyors are here to guide you every step of the way.
During the site-based consultation we will assess the following
- Location: Depending on your location, permitted development rights can vary. It would be useful to know if you are in a conservation area, AONB or may have permitted development restrictions prior to our meeting. However, do not worry if you don’t know. We can find out for you.
- Access: There are various parts to the building which will require a large amount of material shifting. As a general rule if we can get a wheel barrow to the building it’s not a problem. Should we need the use of a concrete pump or disassemble and reassemble machinery to bring it through your house a surcharge will be made.
- Power: Whilst there the surveyor will discuss with you how you would like the armoured cable to be run (in a trench or clipped to a fence). This will have a bearing on the final cost. They will also assess the distance from your existing consumer unit to the building, is your consumer unit sufficient and safe enough to use and where is the consumer unit located in your house.
- Size: Our surveyor will mark out the building footprint so you can get a feel for how much space you have.
- Upgrades: Once we have finished in the garden and you have decided on which of our buildings you would like to have, we can discuss any alterations or upgrades you would like to add. All of your buildings come ready to use and a turn key service is provided. However, some clients like to add a bespoke feel and finishing touches. Our full upgrade list and prices are on our brochure.
- Dates: Finally, should you be ready to do so we can discuss provisional install dates that suit you.
Once the surveyor as completed the meeting, we will type up the finalised quotation and send it over to you for approval.
If the above all sounds of interest and you would like to book a consultation do please give us a call on 01403 586068 or email email@example.com