How much do our garden buildings cost?
We have collated some common questions asked by our customers with regard to our pricing and payments. This blog should explain exactly how much our garden buildings cost and what is included in the price of each.
If you require any further information about our buildings then please do contact us at email@example.com
- How much do our garden buildings cost?
Whether your intended use is as a garden office, art studio, garden gym or just an additional room to use occasionally our garden buildings are the perfect solution. The smallest size offered is 2.5m x 2.5m perfect for an individual to use as an office. The cost of this starts at £15,800. The only item to add to this figure is the cost of the electrical connection run from your consumer unit in the house which is dependent on your individual circumstances.
- What do we include within the figures listed on our website?
The short answer to this is everything necessary to make your building functional. You may like to add some of our optional upgrades. These can be selected from the list on our website and most can be added at any time up to the commencement of work on-site. Our full list of what’s included is as follows:
- Site Survey and Quotation – Upon request, one of our surveyors will visit your home in order to advise and discuss your requirements. They will assess the siting of the building, ground conditions and access. The quotation will follow shortly afterwards.
- Delivery and Installation – We will deliver all materials required and you will have a dedicated installation team from start to finish of the work.
- Foundations – The site will be cleared and levelled before installation of a 150mm thick reinforced concrete base on a waterproof membrane.
- Construction of the Building Frame – A substantial timber frame and the roof are built using 125mm by 50mm treated timber studs.
- External Cladding – Larch wall cladding is an attractive sustainable resource with qualities including a natural density that resists decay, making it the perfect choice for your garden building.
- Roof – A grey flexible Glass Reinforced Polyester (GRP) roof covering that’s manufactured in the UK gives the comfort of knowing you have an extra tough, superior roofing system keeping your garden building dry.
- Bi-fold of Sliding Doors – You can choose either aluminium Bi-Fold or Sliding doors 2.4m wide in either grey, black or white. Other colours and sizes are available as an upgrade.
- Windows – A choice of a vertical hinged uPVC window 500mm wide x 1000mm high or horizontal hinged uPVC window 1000mm wide x 500mm high in grey, black or white. Other colours and sizes are available as an upgrade.
- Insulation – Rigid board floor insulation and Superior Multifoil hybrid insulation in the walls and ceiling are a winning combination.
- Internal Wall Finish – The walls are lined internally with either a grooved smooth MDF panel or white melamine finished board. The choice is yours. Both are stable materials and so no worry of warping, splitting or cracking.
- Electrical Installation – LED surface mounted internal panel light and switch. Two external lights and a switch. Two internal double sockets. One thermostatically controlled electric heater connected to a switched fused spur.
- Joinery – 100mm MDF pencil round pre-primed skirting to all internal walls.
- Removal of all waste – Upon completion of the work, we will leave the site in a level and tidy condition, clearing away all debris and waste generated by the works.
- What is the biggest building possible?
Our standard sizes are all listed on the website. They go up to 30m2 internally without needing full building regulations. Any bigger than that and the costs and lead times grow slightly. We find that generally, 30 square metres is plenty big enough for most.
If you did want a bigger garden building then generally planning permission would be required. Our in house designers are able to deal with the process for you but it is work consulting with your local authority first to see what the applications fees are likely to be.
If you have further questions or would like to book a free site survey and estimate do please contact us on any of the following methods:
Phone: 01403 586068